Learn about the the investment principles of leasing land to improve farm profitability.
Participants will gain an understanding of the drivers of success in farm leasing. There is a focus on the investment principles that can be applied to land leasing as well as the non-financial success factors such as communication and tenure.
About the course
- Learn how to reduce expansion risk
- Discern between threats and opportunities
- Develop business skills
- Understand investment principles
What will you learn?
- The features of a good lease proposal
- How to pitch a winning proposal
- How much to pay for a lease
- The desirable attributes of a good tenant
- The process for engaging a good tenant
- Why tenure matters
- Setting clear and realistic objectives
- Farm performance - assessing potential
- Understanding investment principles
- Market and economic value
- Variability in outcomes – quantifying risk
- Lease vs purchase, lease vs share farming
Location and event details
- The workshop will commence at 8.30am to 3.00pm on Thursday 26th August 2021
As Dubbo is currently in lock down we will proceed with this workshop using Zoom video conferencing technology. We are confident from previous experience that this approach will deliver value to you and your business. The workshop will still include participant interaction, regular breaks, group discussion and presentations. John Francis has delivered a number of technical information sessions using Zoom.